While we are encouraged when governments and companies make advancements toward a sustainable and equitable world, in our hearts we believe it is the power of individuals that makes a real difference.
- We wish to make change personal.
- We are realists.
- Our focus is on creating programs which support people’s desires to contribute to a better world in combination with an economic value.
Because, let’s face it, we all make decisions based not just on emotion but also on economics. We believe it is time to teach our systems how to link economy to social and environmental responsibility. Let’s call it economics with a conscience.
We are proud geeks.
(We own light sabers. Need we say more?)
So we created a mission statement:
We at paleBLUEdot believe in the immense power of individuals to make positive change in the world and lead lives of global integrity. We strive to inspire and empower by increasing awareness and creating opportunities for personal engagement.
Facts about the Co-Founders
- Registered Architect with over 20 years of practice
- Michigander by birth, Minnesota by adaptation
- Most frequent adjectives used by others to describe me: tenacious, patient, goofy
- Father for literally my entire adult life
- Love to engage design thinking to create solutions
- Married to one of the other co-founders
Developing Educational Projects to Teach Environmental and Social Equity - 60%
Developing Physical Projects to Support Alternative Energy - 90%
Making Green Living Practical - 65%
Tying Economic and Social/Environmental Paybacks Together - 85%
Social Empathy - 90%
- Mother of three and zoo keeper to animal menagerie
- Educator and fellow explorer with 4th and 5th grade gifted/talented students
- Design Thinker, Nature Lover, Bike Enthusiast
- Wife and Partner
Developing Educational Projects to Teach Environmental and Social Equity - 90%
Developing Physical Projects to Support Alternative Energy - 60%
Making Green Living Practical - 85%
Tying Economic and Social/Environmental Paybacks Together - 75%
Social Empathy - 100%
What's happening on social
Thought of the day: When the flight attendants list off the “safety features” of the plane...why do they never mention the wings?