Our Community Solar Services
paleBLUEdot’s offerings on the Solar in Your Community Marketplace are:
Solar Site/Building Feasibility Study
This site specific assessment will provide Community Teams with necessary input to assist in successful site selection finalization; concept finalization; solar array location, orientation, size and configuration. Assessment will use site specific solar obstructions and shading characteristics via on-site image/data collection as well as region specific solar insolation levels to produce:
- Site zoning review and an overview of potential impacts to project design
- Detailed system performance modeling.
- Determine month-by-month site shading and solar obstruction characteristics
- Estimated site specific actual solar radiation
- Detailed estimated monthly system electric production and revenue potential.
- Solar Optimization Report including estimated monthly production projections, annual roof insolation level mapping based on facility location and configuration, identification of ideal array tilt and azimuth orientations, estimated array DC and AC ratings, site specific solar obstruction data by month, and site solar survey images and data log.
Solar Site/Building Optimization
This site specific assessment will provide Community Teams with conceptual design input needed to optimize solar performance. This effort will result in a report to the Community Team providing recommendations on system configuration, layout, and orientation to maximize energy generation based on site specific characteristics, shading, obstructions, and surrounding uses. This effort assumes on-site image/data collection associated with Site Feasibility has already been captured and builds on the results of the Site Feasibility effort.
- Estimate of optimal orientation for given site conditions
- Estimate of best system tilt/azimuth configurations
- Site plan input identifying optimized array locations (roof top and/or ground) and building/site modifications to support optimization.
- Site Solar Optimization report outlining option choices, comparisons illustrating option costs, performance metrics, and preliminary ROI comparisons. Each option will include an illustration of anticipated array performance on a by-panel level. The report will provide system component, configuration, and orientation recommendations as well as relevant site/building concept modifications appropriate to provide maximized energy generation within reasonable ROI.
Preliminary Financial Model
This financial model effort is intended to be at a high level for very cost effective verification of the general feasibility of a proposed project. The Financial model will approximate high level preliminary financial metrics for proposed site, system, and configuration. Model to use approximated electrical output generated to estimate comparative project cash flows and paybacks over project’s analysis period. The report to the Community Team will include recommended modifications to explore and “next steps”.
Detailed Project Financial Projections and Scenario Analysis:
This is a detailed financial modeling effort supporting a robust understanding of the proposed project’s financial performance potential. Deliverables include
- Review and summary of community solar and/or virtual net metering tariff provisions including eligibility, compensation rates, and other material tariff or cost elements
- Analysis of utility rate mechanics and cost drivers that influence the compensation rate for community solar
- Review of community solar economics for a sample residential customer
- Community solar forward looking revenue projections for high, medium, and low revenue scenarios and an explanation of drivers behind each
- Pro-forma model with basic financial data such as payback, IRR, cash flows (assumes receiving credible input data regarding estimated construction costs, land costs, and sales and marketing expenses)
- Identification of location specific incentives which may be applicable
Low income outreach – Consumer Outreach for Customer Acquisition
Provide guidance and “how to” on reaching desired consumer base. Consultation will include an overview of how to provide target consumer base with appropriate understanding of Community Solar service offering. In addition, this consultation will assist Community Teams in identifying potential outreach partners, resources, and avenues in their community. Deliverables of this service include an initial consultation phone call to explore general marketing territory and specific project; research to identify community-specific outreach partners/resources/pathways; a training call and Q and A with as many participants as Community Team would like to include.
Low income outreach – Education and Marketing Materials
Provide customized, project specific, printer ready educational/marketing materials to support education of target consumer audience helping customers understand the details of community solar functionality, the subscription process, cost savings, subscriber benefits, and FAQ’s. Educational materials will also include “Solar in Your State” section providing facts and figures of the solar industry in the project’s state. Materials will be tailored to the Community Team’s location and project parameters.